How can the light bulbs make light?
Some of us had theories, but nobody was quite sure and nearly everybody agreed that this was a very complicated and important question. Luckily Ms. Alison knew some experts that were close on hand. She asked James and Jack from Grade 2AR if they could bring their circuits to school and show K1AC how light bulbs work. And what a great job they did!
Their presentation answered our questions and inspired some new ones too:
- When you turn on the switch how does the light go on?
- What is power?
- How does a battery work? How does all the power go into a battery?
- Are all lights the same?
The next day we discussed what we remembered about Jack & James' visit from the day before:
- The wires need to be plugged in to each other. (Denzil)
- You press the black button and it makes light because of the battery. (Lea)
- If you're not plugged in it won't work. (Denzil)
- You change the colour of the light. (Emma)
We watched a video about light bulbs and made sketches in our Light & Shadow Journals. Thank you Jack and James for supporting our learning!